What's new

Game Tips Tech Tips for Possible issues

Apr 4, 2017
Hey there everyone, this is a Thread that is aimed more toward any issues that could be fixed if anyone runs into this issue. Post an issue you have had and what steps were taken to fix said issue here! :D

Apr 4, 2017
Hey guys, I had an issue where I would leave my game up so that I could have players care for my dragon egg.

When I came back to my game, sometimes I would find that everything was moving incredibly slow, so when I attempted to log off, the game would not close right. I am assuming this is due to the computer having the game up for so long, causing some kind of "cache" to be full making this an issue.

What I did to fix this: I used alt+tab or any method to see my Start button
I then restarted my computer and this gave my computer a nice refresh. And after restarting my computer, everything was fine! :D

Apr 4, 2017
Hey there again guys, I had an issue where I was unable to launch the game after restarting my computer.

I went ahead and checked my Task Manager to see what was causing this and it turned out that my Disk was 99% or 100%. Which caused my computer to move incredibly slow and unable to do much. I ended up finding out that the "program" that was causing the Disk to be so high was the System.

I did some research and apparently with Windows 8.x or Windows 10, there's some kind of bug that results in some sort of “search loop” that results in an increased load on the system drive. So I'll have some tips on how to fix this listed below:

1.) Check your Anti-Virus software to see if there is some kind of issue with your computer, aka, if you have a virus. At the very least, use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (https://www.malwarebytes.com/) to scan your computer and see what could be causing this.

2.) (This is the method that worked for me) Disable the Window Search feature by following these steps:
a.) right-clicking the Start button and selecting Command Prompt (Admin)
b.) Type in the Command Prompt box: net.exe stop "Windows search"
c.) Press Enter and in a few moments, you should be able to see your system drive reducing on it's Disk usage!

Alrighty then! That was just a quick sum of what could be done to fix any issues like this. I recommend looking at the sited page I have listed down below to have more detail and more options on how to prevent this or fix this type of issue.

Works Cited:
- http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-tips-fix-100-disk-usage-improve-windows-performance/

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks