What's new

Guide *Incomplete* Crafting guide with actual numbers.

Lalolalo9

Jun 30, 2017
Dear community.

I will present you a guide on getting your crafting skills up in a straightforward way.

As there is a tutorial already on how to acquire resources to craft with, I will skip it entirely.
In case you want to have a look, feel free to check it. Guide - Leveling all Crafting Skills to Max

Now as I started this tutorial quite late. I'll start at crafting lvl 61.
This guide is intended to be completed as I level up my own skills.
EDIT Still needs pictures.

First things first.
Basics

In-game the term crafting material is used for every item that can be used an ingredient in a crafting recipe.
One doesn't receive crafting xp for recipe lvls more than 10 levels lower than a players own crafting skill.
I will be talking about basic resources. These can be aqcuired from dragon lair, skinned from mobs or harvested in the world.

There are 6 categories of basic crafting material to craft with.
These are cloth, wood, ore, leather, herbs and meat.
Resources of the same category are further divided by levels.
Every 10 levels we get a different item to work with.

For example
We have coarse rag, which is a cloth type resource that can be acquired by skinning monsters of lvl 1-10 or dragon lair process and can be used to craft items from lvl 1 to 10.
We can also have linen rag, which is also a cloth type resource that can be acquired by skinning monsters of lvl 11-20 or dragon lair process and can be used to craft items from lvl 11 to 20.

As the current lvl cap is 108, we have 11 different crafting materials for each category.

The idea.
The easiest way to train crafting is to get a certain amount of material from dragon lair process and use them all in 1 recipe to gain 10 levels in a crafting discipline.
The slightly more complex but less resource intensive way is get 2 different resource to make a processed product for both and combine them for a higher crafting exp per resource used.

The numbers for easiest way.
For all 6 categories get X amount of resources and use it in the starter recipe of that level range.
For weaponsmith, armoursmith, carpenter, and tinkerer this can be either wood, cloth, leather or ore.
For alchemy and chef this can be either meat or herbs.
Keep in mind most people get a small bonus crafting exp. So the chances of you needing slightly less resources can happen but it shouldn't differ by much.
Minimums are
X amount of resources for levels 1-10
X amount of resources for levels 11-20
X amount of resources for levels 21-30
X amount of resources for levels 31-40
X amount of resources for levels 41-50
X amount of resources for levels 51-60
909 amount of resources for levels 61-70
867 amount of resources for levels 71-80
849 amount of resources for levels 81-90
831 amount of resources for levels 91-100
507 amount of resources for levels 101-108

The numbers for the less resource intensive one.
Here we use a combination of 3 recipes.
The starter recipe for the first category, the starter recipe for the second category and the X3 (13, 23, 33, 43, etc) level recipes.
Here the kind of resource to use does matter.
For weaponsmith the combinations are wood/ore and cloth/wood
For armoursmith the combinations are ore/cloth, ore/leather, leather/wood, leather/cloth.
For tinkerer the combinations are ore/cloth, ore/leather, leather/wood, leather/cloth.
For carpenter, we cannot use this method.
For alchemy the only combination is herb/meat.
For chef the only ombination is meat/herb.
Before we continue the order of combination is important because of the ratio 3/1 required in the X3 level recipe.
Same as above, I didn't take bonus crafting xp into consideration so the the minimum amounts are as follows.
X amount of resource 1 and X amount of resource 2 for lvls 1-10
X amount of resource 1 and X amount of resource 2 for lvls 11-20
X amount of resource 1 and X amount of resource 2 for lvls 21-30
X amount of resource 1 and X amount of resource 2 for lvls 31-40
X amount of resource 1 and X amount of resource 2 for lvls 41-50
X amount of resource 1 and X amount of resource 2 for lvls 51-60
531 amount of resource 1 and 177 amount of resource 2 for lvls 61-70
504 amount of resource 1 and 168 amount of resource 2 for lvls 71-80
495 amount of resource 1 and 165 amount of resource 2 for lvls 81-90
477 amount of resource 1 and 159 amount of resource 2 for lvls 91-100
297 amount of resource 1 and 99 amount of resource 2 for lvls 101-108

Last edited: