What's new

PC problems

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
I won't be able to login and/or play for a couple days. :(
I had to replace my old harddrive, and after 24 hours of not being able to get drivers and complete windows updates, I finally had to take my pc to geek squad to figure it out. I'm so upset that i will me missing out on the login rewards. :(
Someone please let my guildies in Violators know, i'll be back as soon as i can.

Thanks, Dryadia

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
Well, I thought my pc was all fixed, but poor old thing is still having issues & keeps locking up trying to get windows updates. When it locks up, I can't do anything but keep trying to reboot...then it locks up again.

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
Well, I thought my pc was all fixed, but poor old thing is still having issues & keeps locking up trying to get windows updates. When it locks up, I can't do anything but keep trying to reboot...then it locks up again.

What specs are your computer, how old is it, and what exactly do you mean by locked up?

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
It's old, custom...windows7, 32 bit, & i can't look up the specs, because when i try to click anything, the window will open, but lock up, and can't click anything inside the window or click x to close it. Can't click on start button either or anything else, as they are not highlighted as clickable. only thing i can do is use window key on keyboard to open start button, then scroll to choose something, but once it's open, i can't click anything. i've tried turning it off, then holding down "on" button to drain power off motherboard, rebooting, but still lolcked up. All drivers have been updated, but still having problems with windows not able to update, because of errors. Error fix is to turn off firewall, but I can't turn it off to allow updates, because i can't access that part of control panel, because of the locking up. I'm so frustrated :(

Last edited:

Seiichi

Manager
Oct 20, 2016
It's old, custom...windows7, 32 bit, & i can't look up the specs, because when i try to click anything, the window will open, but lock up, and can't click anything inside the window or click x to close it. Can't click on start button either or anything else, as they are not highlighted as clickable. only thing i can do is use window key on keyboard to open start button, then scroll to choose something, but once it's open, i can't click anything. i've tried turning it off, then holding down "on" button to drain power off motherboard, rebooting, but still lolcked up. All drivers have been updated, but still having problems with windows not able to update, because of errors. Error fix is to turn off firewall, but I can't turn it off to allow updates, because i can't access that part of control panel, because of the locking up. I'm so frustrated :(
You may need to reformat.

If you want to reformat without losing your data, just buy a new harddrive (I suggest Segate 2TB or larger) and re-install on that, and install the old drive to get data off it.

After about ~1-2 years, Windows begins to lockup due bloat on the operating system.

Dryadia

Holiday Addict
Mar 13, 2017
I just bought a new 1TB harddrive, formatted, fresh windows install. But couldn't get all the drivers or windows updates. Took it to Geek Squad, and they put more drivers & windows updates, but couldn't find them all either. I took it home, found my motherboard disc, so installed more drivers, did more windows updates; but still having issues with random problem of not being able to click anything: mouse cursor moves and will click, but sometimes lock up, and start button & other icons won't highlight and be clickable, although limited ability to use arrow key to scroll and open some files. I was able to logon and play DP today for about 20-30 min before i dc'd. But lockup problem prevented me from doing anything after that, so I finally took it back to Geek Squad to see if they could fix it. So i'm without my pc again (i'm stuck with this tiny notebook, that can barely check emails, and surf web very very slowly) :(

newb

Oct 17, 2016
I am sorry Dryadia :( I know you had been having trouble with your computer. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Upcoming Events

Linkbacks